Saturday, July 21, 2012

Monogram For My Love...


So on August 1st my lovely boyfriend and I will be moving into our first apartment together. I've been feverishly been trying to think of good ways to decorate our place and this is what I thought of to hang in our dining room. Here's how to make your own monogrammed wall hanging...

Start with an old pallet and pull as many boards from the pallet as you think you will need, depending on the size you prefer...

Next, arrange the boards in the order you prefer. (I wanted mine to have some gaps in the middle for a shabby chic kind of look.) Take two other boards and  screw them into the back of your pallet boards to hold them together...

Add a couple screws but do not screw them in all the way. Then wrap strong wire around the screws so that you can hang your masterpiece on the wall.

Don't let your cat distract you. This is a step I forgot myself...

Anyways, paint your monogram or whatever you wish onto your "canvas". I just used white acrylic paint, which I watered down a lot first so that I could fix any mistakes if need be. It took me a few coats to make my letters really stand out.


And tada! You now have your own monogrammed wall hanging! I will upload more photos of mine once it is sitting pretty in our new dining room.




1 comment: